2. We are exempt from registration in the IOC Data Protection Register because of the very limited information we hold or process.
3. Information we may collect and process
We may collect and process information supplied by you when
- you use make an enquiry or place an order through our website
- you make an enquiry or place an order through email contact
- if you contact us and provide information
- you make an enquiry or place an order in person, which may include from any gallery premises, exhibition or other show where we attend for business purposes
- where you provide information in a visitors’ book at any event we take part in
This information could be your name, address, telephone number, email address, and details of art works or artists that are of interest to you, or that you may sell or that you produce.
4. Information we do not keep
We do not keep sensitive financial information on our databases.
5. Where information is stored
All information provided by you is stored on our secure server or securely held in hard file form. Transaction data is encrypted for your safety and we do not have access to this.
6. How we use information
All information is used strictly in accordance with GDPR so there is a lawful basis for everything we do. We may, with your consent
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you
- Notify you of events, or changes to our services or company
- For legitimate interests, analyse information about our users to identify personal preferences
7. How long we keep information
We will keep information, including any personal details, only for so long as is necessary for our legitimate business interests, including providing relevant services, maintaining business records, satisfying legal, taxation and other regulatory requirements, and to protect and defend against potential legal claims. Where you have entered into a transaction with us data will be retained for seven years.
Details on a marketing database will retained until you inform us that you no longer wish to receive our marketing communications.
Personal data relating to the provenance of art works may be retained indefinitely in the legitimate business interests of us and the wider art market, as part of maintaining the integrity of that market.
8. Disclosure of information
10. Your rights
You have these rights under GDPR over the personal data we hold
- The right to be informed of the data we hold about you
- The right to access information about you free of charge and to rectify this if needed
- The right to request deletion of information about you
- The right to have your personal data moved from us to another location or company
11. Data breaches
If we become aware of any data beach we will record it and report it as required by current legislation.
12. If you would like to access information held by us about you, request its deletion or have any other queries about this policy please contact jane. jones @bigskyfineart.com and allow one month for a response.